- Typhoid Fever At A Glance
- Typhoid fever is caused by Salmonellae typhi bacteria.
- Typhoid fever is contracted by the ingestion of contaminated food or water.
- Diagnosis of typhoid fever is made when the Salmonella bacteria are detected with a stool culture.
- Typhoid fever is treated with antibiotics.
- Typhoid fever symptoms are poor appetite, headaches, generalized aches and pains, fever, and lethargy.
- Approximately 3%-5% of patients become carriers of the bacteria after the acute illness.
Contact us for more information on any health challenge you may be facing today. We can be of help to you!